Commonly used post-printing processes, such as hot stamping, embossing, three-dimensional hot stamping, UV, etc. These are the more commonly used post-press processes in design. Regarding hot stamping, it should be called: Foil Stamping, because gold and silver are the most commonly used, so we commonly call it hot stamping, hot stamping gold foil and so on.
Everyone has seen the printed matter of bronzing process. Book covers, real estate albums, business cards, and packaging are all very popular.
Preparation for bronzing
1.1. Material: The material that needs hot stamping, usually paper, or other packaging materials such as plastic, wood, cloth, etc.
1.2. Anodized aluminum: also known as bronzing paper, gold foil paper. Anodized aluminum is produced by manufacturers in various fixed colors, such as red, black, blue, purple, green, etc. The same color system also has different effects, such as gold, matte gold, light gold, champagne gold, etc., and there are also some special colors Such as quicksand, laser gold, etc.;
1.3. Hot stamping version: We first need to engrave the designed graphics on the metal plate, and emboss the graphic content on the metal plate to the material to be stamped. Generally, the materials of bronzing plate include zinc plate, magnesium plate and copper plate.
Bronzing and stamping
Let’s first imagine the company’s seal: apply the seal with the company’s name engraved on it, and apply it to the paper with force.
Then, gold foiled or silver foiled also called hot stamping can also be understood in this way: the engraved hot stamping plate is the seal, and the anodized aluminum gold foil used is the printing oil. The gold foil is covered on the paper with force, and the whole process of hot stamping is completed.
This way of understanding is very vivid.
The process of bronzing
Insert anodized aluminum between the paper and the hot stamping plate;
Heat the hot stamping plate to about 100-150 degrees, press it down, and after touching the anodized aluminum, the pressure acts on the paper; the graphic content on the hot stamping plate is completely attached to the paper; the hot stamping plate is lifted away; it is affected by the temperature of the hot stamping metal plate After the anodized aluminum touches the graphic on the hot stamping plate, the colored layer will be peeled off and transferred to the paper; the stripped anodized aluminum waste will be removed; the hot stamping effect will be completed on the paper.
- Seeing this, is it similar to stamping?
- Like the stamp, the bronzing version also needs to be engraved with a mirror image of the content, so that it will be correct when it is stamped/stamped on the paper;
- Too thin and too thin fonts are difficult to engrave on the seal, and the same is true for the bronzing version. The fineness of small characters cannot reach printing;
- The precision of seal engraving with radish and rubber is different, the same is true for bronzing, and the precision of copper plate engraving and zinc plate corrosion is also different;
- Different stroke thicknesses and special papers have different requirements for temperature and anodized aluminum material.